An error occurred while attempting to get the requested module. Cannot open database "AspNetForums" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'swenet'. at AspNetForums.Data.SqlDataProvider.GetRatingForUser(String username, Int32 parentID)
at AspNetForums.Ratings.GetRatingForUser(String username, Int32 parentID)
at SwenetDev.ModuleRatingsControl.getRatingForUser(String username, ModuleRatingInfo ratingInfo)
at SwenetDev.viewModule.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
|Developing technical leadership in software engineers
, submitted by
View Revision History
|This is a method for stimulating growth in technical leadership in classes such as software architecture and design. Shown here is the critical term-project intro material for making that happen.
Lecture: 15 min
Lab: 35 min
Homework: 6 weeks
|The lesson is based on a philosophy that software architecture is an act of social leadership, as architecture is in the building trades.
Design strategies (DES.str)
Requirements validation (MAA.rv)
Process implementation (PRO.imp)
1. Experience at cooperative team interaction and division of responsibilities on a software project.
2. Prior experience or training in role playing.
1. In a stakeholder role, contribute to the successful conception and design of a system.
2. Understand the differences in this experience, depending on the role being played.
3. Practice decision making as a client, architect, and implementer.
1. Play a leadership role during project formation and software product concept creation.
2. Play a leadership role during requirements gathering and overall architecture of a system.
3. Play a leadership role during high-level design and early system implementation.
Project kick-off role assignment description.
No alternate modules.
Similar methods presented at CSEE&T 2005 by Dr. Amir Zeid, The American University in Cairo, Egypt.
Log in to
rate this module.
Discuss this module in the forums.