An error occurred while attempting to get the requested module. Cannot open database "AspNetForums" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'swenet'. at AspNetForums.Data.SqlDataProvider.GetRatingForUser(String username, Int32 parentID)
at AspNetForums.Ratings.GetRatingForUser(String username, Int32 parentID)
at SwenetDev.ModuleRatingsControl.getRatingForUser(String username, ModuleRatingInfo ratingInfo)
at SwenetDev.viewModule.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
|Storyboard intro for requirements elicitation (REQ 3 - Elicitation)
, submitted by
View Revision History
|Introduces students to sequential, rough sketches used to develop knowledge of a new product, jointly with stakeholders.
Lecture: 25 min
Lab: 25 min
Homework: 1 hour
|This is challenging to teach because the skills and values are largely artistic and interpersonal.
Eliciting requirements (MAA.er)
1. Understanding the overall cycle of requirements gathering and management.
2. Feeling the value of rough beginnings as equal to that of finished products -- probably requires work experience.
1. Create sketches which stimulate discussion of technical options and opportunities with clients.
2. Assess the value of these vehicles from their actual use.
3. Discuss how to move from storyboards to more precise methods like use cases.
1. Lab activity creating and using storyboards.
2. Discussion of results of the lab.
3. Alternative methods (e.g., interactive storyboards).
4. Moving from storyboards to other representations and methods.
Homework example, showing goals of creating the artifacts and then interacting about them and assessing results.
No alternate modules.
1. Managing Software Requirements: A Use Case Approach, Second Edition, by Dean Leffingwell and Don Widrig, ISBN: 032112247X, Ch 13.
Storyboarding 101, by James O. Fraioli. Michael Weise Productions, 2000, ISBN 0-941188-25-6.
Designing Visual Language, by Charles Bostelnick and David D. Roberts. Allyn and Bacon, 1998, ISBN 0-205-20022-2, p. 42.
Log in to
rate this module.
Discuss this module in the forums.